Google Search

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Time To Finally Begin.....





I first purchased this set in 1996 so needless to say it's gathered some dust.  I'd just gotten my first car and had girls on the brain so this hobby quickly fell by the wayside.  Over the years I've pulled out these boxes and thought to myself that at the very least I should put the models together and give them a couple of coats of paint.  That however didn't seem to be enough, to motivate me.  I even went so far once to buy new paint because the original pots had dried up.  And yet today they still sit unpainted.


I've played both Dawn of War PC games and needless to say it invigorated my Machine Spirit.  Now I've never had a hobby or even painted anything so this should be an interesting undertaking.  I've been asking a lot of questions at my local Hobby Town and been reading a lot of Blogs, mostly The Hogs of War, From the Warp, All Things 40k, Arcadia Prime and BOLS Wargames News.

Trying learn everything you can from scratch is a bit daunting so I thought I'd undertake this blog to not only show my progress but to prod myself into finishing my army.

There are two things that have truly kept me from getting started.  What Chapter to choose and how the heck to make them look good.  The first question I still haven't answered and as for the second I've decided I don't care.  Anything I do is going to look better than grey plastic.

I've run several ideas through my head but haven't been able to settle on any of them.  I like the Ultra Marines and Salamanders.  The Soul Drinkers just sound like fun.  Then there's the Grey Knights or the Angels of Darkness.  I also really like the idea of making an entire Deathwatch Army, seems like the best of all worlds.  Though I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Here are my Space Marines as I begin to embark on my journey.  Today I've filed the sprue's off of each piece.  Definitely tedious, but oddly rewarding.  Next I'll get down to gluing and priming.  This probably wont be a fast process between family life and a full and part time job, but I think this is just what the doctor ordered.

Feel free to let me know what you think.  Once I get these painted I would like to get involved in the local gaming community so I need to also figure out what other  units will fit in well with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment